Sunday, April 6, 2008

Farmer's Market Lunch

I live in Orlando, which isn't urban by any means.  We have some nice, un-disney, normal places to visit...just on a smaller scale.  Like the Winter Park Farmer's Market for instance.  It is held every Saturday from the crack of dawn till about 2pm...very, very small, and a bit of a drive for me...but worth it every once in a while.  

I took my bff Viviana, her Mom Mercedes, and her sister Vanessa to the market for the first time.  I picked up some beautiful heirloom tomatoes, a huge bunch of bright fresh basil, some fresh mozzerella, and some just off of the tree green olives.  I have never had olives so fresh before. We also picked up some pecorino romano, some roasted red peppers, genoa salami and a beautiful loaf of bread.   I brought them home and made this lunch for us.  

hosted by www.flukiest.com   hosted by www.flukiest.com   hosted by www.flukiest.com

Vivi is a great photographer and she always takes photos....thank goodness cuz for some reason, I hate taking pics...or forget....but these are some yummy shots...don't you think?

So if you are ever in Orlando, check out the Winter Park Farmer's Market.  

No comments: