Saturday, April 25, 2009

Olivia's Banana Bread


This is my go to recipe for banana bread. I got it from my dear friends Jimmy & Olivia. They are great cooks and bakers. Jimmy is always bringing in lovely baked bread, pastries, muffins baked by his lovely wife Olivia. He is so sweet, always has a smile on his face and reminds me that work is just work, and not to stress about the little things. He spoils me rotten and I love him! :)

So I wanted to share this bread recipe with you! Give it a try, it is really good!
1 c Very Ripe Bananas (about 3 or 4)
1 c white sugar
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/2 c sour cream
2 Eggs
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a large mixing bowl, combine bananas, sugar, oil, sour cream and eggs:
In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. add to banana mixture just until combined.
Pour into 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.

I doubled the recipe and used one of my favorite bundt pans, given to me by my SIL Claudia. I love this one!

I am going to make a cupcake out of this banana bread, as soon as I find a good icing for it. I know a straight up cream cheese icing would work, but I want to be a little more thoughtful and unique about flavors if I can.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT PAN! I have some ripe bananas I may have to try to make this...