Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Goat Cheese with Chipotle and Piloncillo Sauce

I was over at my friend Kristy's for a cocktails a few weeks ago...and I met her friend Stacy. Stacy brought over this goat cheese spread with pita that I couldn't get enough of. SO GOOD! You have to try this!

Some of the ingredients are unusual, but I was able to find them in my grocery store. The caramel topping for this cheese spread is such a beautiful compliment! It is addicting! It is sweet and savory all at the same time. The recipe is so easy to make and you could do it the day before.

Chipotle is really easy to find these days. The tricky part is the Piloncillo. Mexican sugar cane. It comes in a brick like this:


You have to melt it down...but it really took no time at all. Your guests will love this dish.

Goat Cheese with Chipotle and Piloncillo Sauce

yield: Makes about 2 cups cheese spread and about 1 1/4 cups sauce, serving 10 to 12

ingredients

For cheese spread
6 ounces soft mild goat cheese, at room temperature
12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 small garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon minced canned chiles chipoltes in adobo sauce

For sauce
1 tablespoon minced canned chiles chipoltes in adobo sauce
8 ounces piloncillo (Mexican unrefined sugar)
1 cup heavy cream

Accompaniment:
grilled bread, toasted pita chips, corn chips or crackers


Make cheese spread:
In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together cheeses, garlic paste, and minced chipolte chiles. Transfer mixture to a small serving bowl and chill, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.

Make sauce:
In a small saucepan combine minced chiles chipoltes, piloncillo, and cream and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally and breaking up sugar, until piloncillo is melted and sauce is smooth, about 20 minutes. Transfer sauce to a small serving bowl and chill, covered, for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.

Spread cheese on grilled bread, corn chips or crackers and lightly drizzle with sauce.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting post! I am really appreciated your afford! Thanks for your sharing! I love your blog very much. I am sure I will tell all of my friend to follow your blog!

I would also like to invite you to visit my blog at http://1newbornbabyclothing.blogspot.com/ and share all the baby thing with you! Thanks a lot.


http://www.1newbornbabyclothing.com/