Monday, September 8, 2008

Blood Dripping Candles

Just looking for bits of inspiration for this Halloween season, over at Illuminations. Here is there interpretation of a Haunted Feast.


Not exactly what I want to do, but has some things I like. For instance, the long white tapers candles: when these candles melt, red wax drips down side. Cool effect at almost $6 a candle?! AT that cost, to recreate the tablesetting above would cost $60! No thanks...

EDIT: I recently created a How To Video when I made mine. Click Here to watch my How To Video.


What is even better is Martha Stewart's method of taking inexpensive white candles, and then dripping the wax of a red candle onto the side, check it out here! Very effective, and will cost under $10 bucks. My kind of decorating! :)

4 comments:

Lucy said...

I hopped on over here from City Limits (I'm a friend of Brian and Louis's). I love the table scene, and I want to suggest that to get a really good, rich red, you could also drip melted crayon on the white taper.

Dena said...

I like Martha's budget friendly idea! Crayon sounds like a great idea, too. I still need to come see the skull you did.

Marcie said...

Crayon idea sounds great! Thanks Lucy! Any friend of my brother(s) is a friend of mine! :)

testing 1 said...

Hi there, thanks for the post over at Create My Event. I'm loving this tablescape, so many great ideas to replicate on a smaller budget. I did those candles a few years ago and it was a little tricky melting the candle, you actually have to break it and use small pieces, (coincidentally crayon sized) so I may try it again with crayons.