Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tom Ka Soup

So of course I watch Top Chef, and some of the recipes looked so good, so I am on the lookout and will post some of my favorites here. This was the soup that Lisa made (she was kind of bitchy, but I am sure the girl can cook) and all the judges said they wanted a huge bowl of. So, I need to try this one. Not sure what galangal is, but I am sure I can find it. ...but the recipe sounds pretty simple. I'll let u know how it goes!



Tom Ka Soup:
2 stalks lemongrass, smashed
6 kaffir lime leaves
1 pack dried galangal
1/2 cup fish sauce
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup simple syrup
2 to 3 cans coconut milk
Tom Ka Soup:
Combine all ingredients except coconut milk in a pot. Boil then reduce heat to medium. Add coconut milk; simmer for 5 minutes, taste and adjust with fish sauce or coconut milk.

No comments: