Friday, October 3, 2008

Hot Olives

My friend Kim has told me about Hot Olives before, and I just found this recipe on Rachael Ray...I have to try it. It is super easy! Great for a wine night. I will be having a wine tasting get together with my awesome neighbors soon...it is such a winter thing to do, and so fun...we always drink WAY too much wine! :) I will post pics of that when we have it too!



Hot Olives
Rachael Ray

From Every Day with Rachael Ray
October 2006

MAKES TWO CUPS

2 cups mixed olives
1 fresh or dried bay leaf
1 sprig rosemary
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 long strip orange zest
Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling

Preheat the oven to 350ยบ. Layer 2 sheets of foil, each 18 inches long. Place the olives in the center of the foil and toss with the bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, fennel seeds and red pepper flakes. Add the orange zest and drizzle with EVOO. Pinch the foil together and seal to form a pouch. Warm the olives in the oven for 15 minutes.

No comments: