Monday, October 27, 2008

Eats for Pikelween


So, I am trying to plan the menu for my Halloween Party and I think I have narrowed it down:


Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
Chicken Wing Dip
Savory Goat Cheesecake with toast, crackers and honeycomb (I will post this recipe after I make it)
Pulled Pork Sandwiches (The Live.Love.Eat. recipe)
Sesame Chicken with steamed vegetables over scary Black Pasta
Taco Cups, using the Rachel Ray recipe, but I am making them like tiny taco salads with beans, ground turkey and all of the fixins.

Sweet Treats will include:
Cup Cake Pops (Bakerella Recipe)
Ghost Petit Fours (pictured above)
Chocolate Fountain with the following dipping items:
Bananas
Strawberries
Pineapple
Graham Cracker crusted marshmallows
Rice Crispy Treats

There might be a few other things thrown in there, but this is what I have honed it down to...I have already baked and cut out the cakes for the petit fours, I have formed the cake balls for my cupcake pops, and cooked the ground turkey for my taco cups.

I just plan to keep the momentum going all week but making what I can ahead of time. I have almost everything else done, my house is decorated almost 90%...I just want to have FUN at my own party this time...is that such a crime! I want to sleep in on Saturday with the peace of mind knowing I am really prepared this time!

2 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Sounds BOO-tiful!!!!!

Yellow Beads said...

I seriously hate my hubby right now!